This Saturday has been rainy and overcast all day. My kind of day for sure. We went to work out together, went to Cabela’s – our version of the indoor zoo, and came home to hang out and pick up. While on the elliptical, I ran across this yummy recipe for cookies in my Parents Magazine and had to try them. When Taylor was born, I got a free subscription with my Boppy pillow and have enjoyed all that I’ve read…when I actually read them.
These cookies were a total hit. When I see more than 1 tsp of vanilla and cinnamon in cookies I tend to get excited. The graham cracker crumbs add the perfect texture. Enjoy!
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 cup vanilla caramels
- 3 Tbsp. whipping cream
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a bowl, beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugars until fluffy. Then add eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, crumbs, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture and beat until combined. Stir in apple.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Arrange balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove and let cool on wire racks.
- In a bowl, mix caramels and cream. Microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until nearly melted, stirring once. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; serve when hardened.
They definitely taste better with the sound of rain and tunes of Dave Matthews in the background. Apple cider or an americano would pair nicely too. And falling leaves, or better yet a blizzard…A girl can dream!
Enjoy your weekend and bake something tasty!